Saturday, March 17, 2012

Feelin' Crafty!

Alright, so today I was not feeling good this morning when I woke up at 5:30 am with Lance but ended up going back to bed as he instructed and then getting up at 8:30 am to start my day off. I took a pain pill and then got started! :-) Kayleigh and I worked on laundry (mostly her ;-P) and I managed to get some things done today that I have had on my list of things to do as for as crafts and "needs to be done"! I made a headband holder and finished some of Kayleigh's flower hair clips! Looky, looky what I did today,......

First I started with a "Finish" dishwasher tablet container (you could use an oatmeal canister too as on Pinterest), a can of black spray paint (or any color you want), a candle holder (preferably taller than shorter), some ribbon, flower and glue gun!,....


Spray paint the canister and then hot glue it to the candle holder,....



At this point it is pretty much done unless you want to decorate it and anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE flowers and ribbon! hehehe So this is for Kayleigh and since her room is decorated in Zebra and Hot Pink I chose to go with that! :-) Decorate how you wish! See my below pictures!,...




And there is your finished project! Cute huh,... I know right! ;-P Here are some pictures of what it looks like with headbands on it,...





So I think this is so cute and think I may just have to make some of her friends one of these as they are all about some headbands!  ;-)

The other project I did today was fixing some flowers I had bought for Kayleigh's hair a little over a year ago!  YIKES!  I know!  I have never fixed them to where she could wear them,... I mean I guess she could have worn them but they were WAY too tall off of her head because they were originally for plants!  These flowers were for decorations for plants by clipping on the massive clip (definitely not for hair!) to add some flair to your plants.  They were only $1.00/ each so when I seen them I decided I could totally make these HAIR flowers by simply just changing out the clip!  See them below,... some are bigger than others but I had to get every color they had!  hehehe


See the clip,... huge! I had already taken it off of this one and wanted you to see the comparison,...


Of course this was after I changed them out.  Yes I know I did not wrap the clip but it is for Kayleigh and if this were going to be a gift for someone else's child I would have covered the clip but Kayleigh does not mind and with her hair it is better to leave them uncovered so they stay in better!  :-)



They larger ones still have the original items on them over on the right of the picture (purple, pink, white, etc.),...



I had to add some "bling" to this one,... it was a little dull for me!  ;-P  Yes,... only $1.00 at Michael's!  The following is after I finished ALL of them!  So cute!


I really like them in her room sitting next to her headband holder made today too!  :-) 
Kayleigh's "Wall o' Flowers"!


After hanging them all in Kayleigh's room I realized she did not have not one green flower hair accessory soooooo,... of course I made her one out of my scrapbooking stash o' flowers!  Yes,... you guessed it,... Michael's $1.00 flowers!  LOL 

 



Had to try it out on her of course!  Lovin' it!



Well that is all for my projects today!  I did start another one but did not finish it but will post it tomorrow!  I will post a project I did with my Girl Scout Troop next being what I call "Beaver Fever Bracelets"!  Really cute!  'Til next time...  ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment